Common Mistakes Indie Artist Make When Promoting Their Music Online:
- Social media accounts on private
- Social media accounts using different usernames or hard to figure out usernames with weird symbols, etc
- Using WIX as a website builder
- Not having a website
- Not updating your website
- Not having your social media accounts listed on your website
- Bad or outdated links to social media accounts or other accounts where your music or information is hosted.
- Having multiple accounts that aren’t connected
- Posting too much on social media
- Not posting enough on social media
- Not providing sufficient information for people to find you or your music
- Not responding to fans comments about your music
- Limiting yourself to certain fans
- Only targeting or reaching out to popular fans with lots of followers
- Hiring someone to handle your social media when they know nothing about Internet marketing simply because they’re in the “Music Business” or they’ve handled other types of marketing or promotions.
These are some of the mistakes artists make when attempting to promote their music online. If you can correct some of these common mistakes, it can help increase your reach and fan base.
Thank You and We Wish You Much Success.