Mistakes You’re making while Promoting your Music Online
- Social media Accounts on private
- Using WIX as a website builder
- Social Media: Using different usernames or hard to figure out usernames with weird symbols, etc
- Not having a website
- Not having your social media accounts listed on your website
- Bad or outdated links to social media accounts or other accounts where your music or information is hosted.
- Having multiple accounts that aren’t connected
- Not updating your website
- Posting too much
- Not posting enough
- Posting when nobody cares
- Not providing sufficient information for people to find you or your music
- Not responding to fans comments about your music
- Limiting yourself to certain fans
- Only targeting or reaching out to popular fans with lots of followers
- Hiring someone to handle your social media when they know nothing about Internet marketing simply because they’re in the “music business” or they’ve handled other types of marketing or promotions.
These are some of the mistakes I witness music artists make all the time when attempting to promote their music online. I will address each of these issues in depth in upcoming posts and tell you why they are mistakes and how to fix them or alternative methods to promoting your music online.
More music promotion tips are coming soon so check back with us.
If you are interested in advertising or promoting your music with us we offer affordable packages that include social media marketing, mixtape marketing, websites, youtube marketing, and more from a team of qualified marketing professionals. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.